Join our mission in celebrating the World Water Day and raising awareness of the global water crisis. The idea behind this day is to reflect on how important water is to the environment and what we can do to contribute to more healthier planet.
Water is elemental. Without it, nothing can grow. Water is life.
March 22 is World Water Day, a day dedicated to drawing attention to the water related issues that humans in almost every country. Growing cities and populations and a changing climate are placing unprecedented pressures on water. Nowadays water crises are among the top risks to global economic growth.
The value of water is about much more than its price – water has enormous and complex value for our households, food, culture, health, education, economics and the integrity of our natural environment. We need to work together to sustainably manage this precious resource! We all have a huge stake in the long term availability and quality of our water. Do you agree?
WHY IS WORLD WATER DAY IMPORTANT?
1. It affects millions of people: an estimated 780 million people live without clean, accessible drinking water. Drinking contaminated water can lead to a host of life threatening diseases.
2. Water pollution affects wildlife: It’s not only humans that require access to clean water. Every year, countless animals die as a result of water pollution. Pollution can occur in many ways, from physical litter to wastewater and chemicals runoff, which causes the water to become toxic to the animals that depend on it for drinking and habitation.
3. Water relates to many other environmental issues: World Water Day has a yearly theme which is dedicated to finding natural solutions to our water crises. Many of the environmental problems, such as climate change and ecosystem degradation are related to it, and sometimes direct causes, of water pollution, floods, and droughts.
Donating to the causes we deeply care about is a heartwarming. As a brand, we are very much aware that we stand in one of the most influential industries in the world – this being said, we are more than happy to take place in such an empowering and strong positions, and to be able to inspire many of you to take upon better actions.We want to support the UNICEF organization with 1% of the incoming orders between March 22nd – April 22nd. We believe in the power of teamwork and that huge changes can be achieved even with the smallest steps. Let’s together move towards our goal and ensure that more and more people have access to healthy and safe drinking water! Click here to read more.
HOW IS UNICEF HELPING?
Together with all it’s partners, UNICEF provided access to clean drinking water to more than 2 billion people since 1990. They keep providing safe water to nearly 14 million people a year, including toilets and cleaning equipment to more than 11 million people.UNICEF works in more than 100 countries to improve water supply and sanitation in schools and communities. It sponsors a variety of programs and collaborates with families, communities, and government agencies. It helps improve the situation of communities suffering from water scarcity and disease in emergencies. To help access water, UNICEF provides communities with mobile water tanks and water-carrying equipments, to ensure that children and their families have access to clean and safe drinking water. Among it all, they make sure to put a great importance on education, and by teaching children about the importance of washing their hands, they are able to reduce the risk of diarrhea in the deeply affected environments by 40%.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
- Try to reduce your water footprint - it may not seem like you use a lot of water in your daily life, but you’d be surprised how much water it takes to perform household tasks. Only by being aware of your daily water usage and paying attention to it, you are taking a step forward.
- Raise awareness - focus on simply raising awareness about the water related issues we face, or you could even collect donations for areas with extreme need, or joing our collection.
Without action, rights are just words on paper. We must turn these rights into results! Support our #fannaworldwaterday and help us raise awareness of the importance of water, not only for survival but for sustainable futures for us all. We are thankful for each and every one of you for contributing with your order towards our World Water Day action. Every share, every word and every thought is important. Share this story with your friends!